This session is also available as part of the 8-Part Commercial Property Master Class.
How's your commercial property expertise? If you're not the expert that you want to be, this series is designed to help you. Over eight sessions, we will walk through many commercial property concepts, including:
- What's important about building construction?
- Why do we care about what's going on in the building?
- What property is covered on a commercial property policy?
- What are the covered causes of loss?
- What endorsements are available to modify the commercial property policy?
In this first session, we will examine the first element in COPE, Construction. When we are done, you will be able to:
- Classify buildings according to the ISO building classifications for both fire and wind.
- Describe the building components that place a building into different classifications.
This master class is designed to let you jump in on any class. The classes build on each other, but are separate enough that you don't have to attend them in any specific order, or start with any specific one. Jump in at class number one, six, or any other. By the end you'll have the full picture.
Once you've attended all of the sessions, you can sign up for and take our end of course assessment. Earn a passing grade and you'll be given your certificate as an Academy of Insurance Commercial Property Master.