Christopher J. Boggs
Christopher J. Boggs entered the insurance industry in 1990 and is currently the Director of Education with Insurance Journal’s Academy of Insurance. His background includes loss control, insurance production, consulting, and insurance education.
Beyond his duties as the Academy’s director of education, Boggs writes articles, white papers, and books covering a wide array of insurance and risk management topics. During his tenure with Insurance Journal and the Academy Boggs has authored more than 250 insurance and risk management related articles on a wide range of topics as diverse as Credit Default Swaps, the MCS-90, and enterprise risk management.
Boggs has written and published five insurance and risk management books:
- "The Insurance Professional's Practical Guide to Workers' Compensation: From History through Audit – Second Edition;"
- "Business Income Insurance Demystified: The Simplified Guide to Time Element Coverages – Second Edition;”
- “Property and Casualty Insurance Concepts Simplified: The Ultimate ‘How to’ Insurance Guide for Agents, Brokers, Underwriters and Adjusters;”
- “Wow! I Never Knew That! 12 of the Most Misunderstood and Misused P&C Coverages, Concepts and Exclusions;” and
- “Insurance, Risk & Risk Management! The Insurance Professional’s Guide to Risk Management and Insurance.”
A graduate of Liberty University with a bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Boggs has continually pursued career-related education, obtaining nine professional insurance designations: the Chartered Property Casualty Underwriter (CPCU), Associate in Risk Management (ARM), Associate in Loss Control Management (ALCM), Legal Principles Claims Management (LPCS), Accredited Advisor in Insurance (AAI), Associate in Premium Auditing (APA), Certified Workers’ Compensation Advisor (CWCA), Construction Risk and Insurance Specialist (CRIS) and the Associate in General Insurance (AINS) designations.