Christopher J. Boggs
Christopher J. Boggs joined the insurance industry in 1990. He is currently the Executive Director, Big I Virtual University and former Vice President of Education for Insurance Journal's Academy of Insurance.
During his career, Boggs has authored more than 300 insurance and risk management-related articles on a wide range of topics as diverse as Credit Default Swaps, the MCS-90, and enterprise risk management. This does not include the seven “e-books” (short, one-topic books covering various insurance and risk management-related subjects) Boggs has written.
Additionally, Boggs has written and published six insurance and risk management-related books
- "The Insurance Professional's Practical Guide to Workers' Compensation: From History through Audit – Second Edition;"
- "Business Income Insurance Demystified: The Simplified Guide to Time Element Coverages – Third Edition;”
- “Property and Casualty Insurance Concepts Simplified: The Ultimate ‘How to’ Insurance Guide for Agents, Brokers, Underwriters and Adjusters;”
- “Wow! I Never Knew That! 12 of the Most Misunderstood and Misused P&C Coverages, Concepts and Exclusions;”
- “Insurance, Risk & Risk Management! The Insurance Professional’s Guide to Risk Management and Insurance;” and
- “Workers’ Compensation: How You Can Effectively Answer Your Clients 12 Most Commonly Asked Questions.”
In addition to his writing, education, and training experience, Boggs worked in many areas of insurance. He began his career with Insurance Services Office as a rating and underwriting representative. Boggs has also worked as an agent (even owning his own agency), as the loss control and claims examiner for state-owned property in his home state, as a risk management consultant, and as the quality assurance specialist (auditing underwriting files) for the Southeast region of an insurance carrier.
A graduate of Liberty University with a bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Boggs has obtained nine professional insurance designations: the Chartered Property Casualty Underwriter (CPCU), Associate in Risk Management (ARM), Associate in Loss Control Management (ALCM), Legal Principles Claims Management (LPCS), Accredited Advisor in Insurance (AAI), Associate in Premium Auditing (APA), Certified Workers’ Compensation Advisor (CWCA), Construction Risk and Insurance Specialist (CRIS) and the Associate in General Insurance (AINS).